Who doesn’t enjoy a meal out with good company? If you’ve ever gone on a diet, you probably have run into a problem with staying true to your diet when eating out. A healthy lifestyle doesn’t mean giving up eating out with friends. It is important to remember that even if you’re eating out, you can still stay on track and enjoy the meal too. We have definitely been there before, so here are some things that we have found helpful!
- Try and find out where you’re going ahead of time. This will allow you to check out the menu beforehand and see what your options might be. It is a lot easier to find some healthier options when you can read the menu ahead of time rather than having to quickly scan the menu before placing your order.
- Another way to stay on track is to suggest the place yourself! If you are proactive in providing suggestions to the group, you can have more control over the situation. People are generally open to suggestions, and if you provide a range of options you’d eat at, you’ll never lose.
- If the only viable options for the group are not aligned with your diet’s needs, just plan for it ahead of time. It’s okay to have cheat meals every once in a while, and spending time with your friends is a great excuse to indulge! So if you decide to have a cheat meal that night, you can make sure to eat healthy throughout the day to make up for it.
- Another option is to plan to eat before you go out with your friends. That way you aren’t starving when you’re out with friends and you don’t need to worry about eating off your diet. You can just enjoy yourself!
- Have more questions about this topic that weren’t covered in this list? Tweet us @thevinebars to hear our thoughts and have the chance to win a free box of bars!